Activated charcoal is one of the best pore-cleansing agents there is.
But what is activated charcoal?
Quite simply, it’s charcoal that’s processed at very high temperatures to make it more porous. And it’s this porous texture that distinguishes it from other types of charcoal (including the ones you use for barbecuing).
Once activated, one teaspoon of activated charcoal has a total surface area that’s more than a football field! And because it is incredibly porous and is not absorbed by the human body, it is capable of binding with toxins and oil in skin pores and flushing them out.
Wait, what are pores?
Pores on our skin are the gateway for oils (a.k.a sebum) that the body produces naturally. When pores are blocked, oil secretion tends to build up under the skin, leading to conditions like acne and blackheads.
Some people are born with bigger pores than the others, which means that they are more susceptible to absorbing more dirt or oil, making them inflamed. What one can do is, minimize these pores, and ensure they are constantly cleaned, with a well-balanced product.
Enter activated charcoal.
An activated charcoal product can do wonders for your skin. That’s because its natural properties are to adsorb (and not absorb). Which means the dirt and oil on the pores don’t mix with the charcoal, but rather stick to its surface. And it does this without adsorbing crucial vitamins and nutrients healthy skin needs.
An activated charcoal soap or lotion can reach deep into the pores and remove impurities, toxins and gently exfoliate the skin.
Get your fix of activated charcoal with Haeal.
Nature-based and great for your skin, Haeal’s range of activated charcoal soaps, handwash and lotions, are one of the easiest ways to start your own healthy regime. Browse our charcoal range here.
- Activated Charcoal is one of the best pore cleansing substances in existence.
- It is due to the extremely high surface area it possesses.
- Pores on our skin tend to get clogged, upsetting the oil balance and leading to irritations.
- Activated Charcoal binds with dirt, oil and grime but is not absorbed by the skin.
- It absorbs, not absorbs - it takes away only impurities, leaving out nutrients and vitamins.
- It also has gentle exfoliating properties, to leave the skin refreshed and revitalised.
- Haeal’s Charcoal range of products do all this effectively, be it the soap, handwash or lotion.
Activated charcoal is an excellent cleansing substance that effectively clears pores on the surface of the skin. Activated charcoal is among the healthiest pore cleansing substances, and it also has a number of other benefits for your skin. From helping your skin seem younger, unclogging pores and strengthening cells, it’s the perfect remedy for oily skin.
Haeal’s activated charcoal products are a great place to get your regular activated charcoal fix, with soaps, lotions and handwashes available.